Mahaffey Tent and Party Rentals is seeking a full-time Outside Sales Representative. Our customers include the Memphis Zoo, Nike, ArtsMemphis and Dixon Gallery and Gardens.
This position is responsible for small- to large-scale events from planning to production stage, recommending rental equipment and accessories to assist clients in meeting their event needs. First impressions are critical in our business, and we realize the importance of a professional representative. If you have outstanding communication skills, a bubbly personality, organization and common sense, we want to hear from you! The work environment and benefits are excellent.
Duties and Essential Job Functions
- Answer the phone and welcome guests into the office and rental showroom as necessary.
- Communicate all event details with office, warehouse and operations staff to ensure smooth event.
- Contact client prior to event to verify delivery and pickup times and coordinate any necessary changes.
- Coordinate with outside service vendors, i.e. florists, caterers, event planners, etc.
- Generate quotes and contracts using Point-of-Rental.
- Make outside sales calls to solicit new business and promote rental concept.
- Rent equipment or arrange for provision of service to customer.
- Conduct job site inspection to measure area and identify obstacles and other variables that may affect the event, and work with in-house CAD Technician to produce a computer-generated layout of event.
- Build and maintain working relationships with key clients, vendors and other rental companies.
- At least five years previous experience in sales and customer service. Demonstrated work experience in event planning.
- Maintain a professional personal appearance.
- Possess sales and customer relations skills.
- Must have strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Must pass company drug screen and maintain a valid driver’s license.
- Must show strong organizational and listening skills and attention to detail. Ability to retain information is essential.
- Must maintain cooperative working relationship with co-workers.
- Must be self-motivated, ready to solve problems and possess a willingness to work with inventory and numbers.
- Time management skills are essential. Must have ability to multitask and prioritize.
- Computer knowledge is preferred – Microsoft Office programs: Word, Excel, PowerPoint. Training on rental software will be provided.
This is a fun business. Since 1924, Mahaffey Tent and Party Rentals has been turning ordinary places into extraordinary spaces. From tables, linens, chairs, tableware and décor to dance floors, lighting, stages, tents and more, Mahaffey’s got you covered.
Cover letters with resumes will be accepted via email. No calls, please. Submit your Word documents to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Or mail to:
Human Resources Manager
4161 Delp Street
Memphis, TN 38118